In this new occassion we have had the opportunity to interview the Alternative Rock/Post-Hardcore band My Best Antic, from Germany. Check out this band and give them a like on their FACEBOOK PAGE.
1.Where did you get the idea for the band name, you planned it or came out just like that?
Our singer/bassist Jan had a solo project before this band called "My Best Antic". We thought the name sounded cool and used it for our band. "Antic" is kind of an odd word, especially here in Germany, we get questions about the band name all the time!
2.Why did you want to play this genre?
We think most bands write and play the stuff they're listening to. That's exactly what we are doing, all of us listen to Alternative Rock, Pop Punk and Hardcore mostly.
3. Did you know each other before the band was formed?
Our guitarist Roman and singer/bassist Jan played music together long before this band existed, they go way back.
Guitarist Johannes is with us about one year now and the newest addition to the band is our beloved drummer Jannik.
4. Each band member favourite band?
Jan: Funeral For A Friend
Jannik: The Cat Empire
5. Who or what inspires you to write songs?
Musically, we're all influenced by the stuff we listen to,
lyrically, Jan is influenced by what's going on in his own life.
6. Where was your last gig?
In a new local club here in Dresden called KONK Klub!
7. Where would you like to act?
Rock im Park, of course!
8. Whom would you like to feature with?
The guys of I The Mighty! Love them!
9. Whom not?
Miley Cyrus! She would only be in for the fame!
10. Any of you has ever suffered from stage fright? Any tip for beginners on how to beat that?
Of course, isn't it normal to be nervous? A beginners tip is to not drown that fear in too much alcohol...doesn't work every time though.
11. What bands have inspired you the most?
Funeral For A Friend and Underoath.
12. What's the weirdest thing a fan has ever asked you for?
No weird things yet, but the usual sexual favors.
13. What do you think of your fans?
Our fans are like family. They're the best.
14. What do you think of our site?
We love it! Some great opportunities, especially for unsigned bands.
15. Something to add?
We'd like to get to know each and every one of you! Follow us on Instagram and come to a show :)