In this new occassion we have had the opportunity to interview the Post-Hardcore band Yearling, from USA. Check out this band and give them a like on their FACEBOOK PAGE.
1. Where did you get the idea for the band name, you planned it or came out just like that?
No one is entirely sure where the name comes from ha. However, as time has gone on, a baby deer almost represents the naivety that came along with us when we started this band. We all played very different styles and Yearling was simply us exploring new sounds.
2. Why did you want to play this genre?
In my opinion, it's because of the people in the hardcore/post-hardcore scene. We honestly have never been apart of a more loyal and supportive group of people. In addition, our lyrics, attitudes on stage, as well as sound is a little raw at times and we thought we'd fit in better with that kind of crowd.
3. Did you know each other before the band was formed?
We all found each other a long time ago. Yearling formed in the time where we all kind of reconnected - I was moving back from Nashville to finish college, John and Eddie had found great work opportunities in Charleston, and James had moved back as well. We were mutually ready to re-plant ourselves in Charleston, WV.
4. Each band member favourite band?
Matthew's is Anberlin
5. Who or what inspires you to write songs?
Girls, God, and all forms of hardship.
6. Where was your last gig?
Our last gig was at our album release show we didn't even play. It's a really long/funny story.
7. Where would you like to act?
I have always wanted to play a show at the Newport Music Hall in Columbus, Ohio. Second would be anywhere in the U.K.
8. Whom would you like to feature with?
I think our dream artist to play alongside with would be Brand New. We have listened to them for years.
9. Whom not?
10. Any of you has ever suffered from stage fright? Any tip for beginners on how to beat that?
We all have at one point or another. You should mess up intentionally and big...get the embarrassment out of the way and start enjoying being on stage. I use to hold back so much because I was afraid of being noticed.
11. What bands have inspired you the most?
Brand New, Anberlin, Tiny Moving Parts, This Will Destroy You, Manchester Orchestra, and those in our community: Homesick, Youth, Lost Swimmer, Medicine Men.
12. What's the weirdest thing a fan has ever asked you for?
Honestly, I can't think of anything for this. The people who support us are always really cool.
13. What do you think of your fans?
We couldn't think more highly of them. They buy our mercy, come to our shows, post about us online. We couldn't be more thankful for everyone who supports us.
14. What do you think of our site?
We love this website. We've been following since you all featured us two years ago and we are very impressed with it and all the bands you all feature.
15. Something to add?
Thank you to Breathingthecore.com for having us!