In this new occasion we have had the opportunity to interview the Pop Punk band Wait For Sunlight, from Japan. Check out this band and give them a like on their WEBSITE.
1.Where did you get the idea for the band name, you planned it or came out just like that?
Hiro (Gt&Vo) wanted to use the word "Sun" for the band name. This is because "Sun" has the power to warm everyone's heart. Then, Daisuke (Ba&Vo) chose the words "Wait For Sunlight" because they represent hope.
2.Why did you want to play this genre?
We have grown up with Pop Punk music and believe that there will be a comeback of this genre soon.
3. Did you know each other before the band was formed?
Hiro and Yoda (Gt&Cho) were in the same band. Hiro, Daisuke, and Maru (Dr) have ever played on the same show as different bands' members.
4. Each band member favourite band?
Hiro: blink-182 Yoda and Maru: Hi-STANDARD Daisuke (chose 3 bands) : Silverstein, Break The Silence, Attack Attack!
5. Who or what inspires you to write songs?
Thinking about West coast of the United States inspires us to write our songs.
6. Where was your last gig?
At "Ikebukuro KINGSX TOKYO" in Japan.
7. Where would you like to act?
We are eager to play abroad. We would people, not only in Japan, but also all over the world like to listen to and watch our music and shows.
8. Whom would you like to feature with?
Our favorite bands' members just as we wrote.
9. Whom not?
No one. We will welcome anyone who likes to play music.
10. Any of you has ever suffered from stage fright? Any tip for beginners on how to beat that?
As we love to play our music on the stage, we have never experienced stage fright. When we feel uneasy or nervous, we try to look on the bright side of the things.
11. What bands have inspired you the most?
Pop and skate punk bands in the 90's.
12. What's the weirdest thing a fan has ever asked you for?
We would always like to be open-minded for all fans. We are, therefore, willing to accept whatever our fans ask for.
13. What do you think of your fans?
Thanks to them, we can play music, write songs, and have shows. They are everything to us.
14. What do you think of our site?
We are so impressed with the site! It focuses on a lot of great bands. We are so glad to be a part of it.